I noticed this one evening.
Not all the plants were affected yet. I have inherited these potatoes with the house and, having just moved here this year, I don't know the history and whether they always get blight. We have had a wet spell though, so I'm not surprised.
The next day, as soon as I had time, I cut the tops off and dug up some of the potatoes. They are fine as I had spotted it early. I've burnt the affected haulms.
Soon after, I was struck down with blight and when I next made it outside all the rest of the plants were affected.
I'm sorry about the awful pictures today. So I did the same and cut the tops off everything.
Today I had time to go and dig up some more. They were probably ready anyway but I was hoping to dig up a few now and then, when I wanted them. They are not a bad size though. Almost all of them usable. I can't take any credit as all I have done is watch them!
I particularly like this one!
A few pretty things to finish...
|Echinacea. These came with me in pots. They are rather leggy but are filling out.|